I know just the thing that should be number one on your to-do list; how about reupholstering the dining table chairs?
No, really, look at these:
(Admittedly, the other two, the ones we use, were not nearly this bad.)
And very easy.
- Just unscrew the seat from the chair base.
- Remove all the staples (this took us about 15 minutes per chair; really, who uses that many staples?)
- Unfold the old fabric and measure or use directly as a template for the new fabric
- Cut fabric and carefully fold and staple around the seat.
- Screw seat back on to chair frames.
- Voila! Exciting new chairs, for about $3!
Of course now I'm tempted to paint little green, white and black birds along the chair backs- which would limit future fabric choices.